It was another unforgettable night at Hosparus Health’s 13th Annual Dancing with Our Southern Indiana Stars in September! More than 650 guests came out to Huber’s Orchard & Winery to support eight local celebrities who hit the dance floor in support of hospice patients and families in Clark, Crawford, Daviess, Dubois, Floyd, Harrison, Jefferson, Martin, Orange, Perry, Pike, Scott, Spencer and Washington counties in Indiana. Thanks to the Southern Indiana community’s generous support, the event raised nearly $250,000!
The winner of our highly anticipated dance competition was Missy Hillock, who raised more than $33,000! Owner/Innkeeper of Chateau Bourbon, Missy performed a medley of dance styles with her professional partner, Clay Marshall, facing off in our first-event dance battle with Neil Kochert, Owner of Neil Kochert Carpentry, and his pro, Cherie Lanier! Their performance was so much fun, they were invited to perform it on WHAS11’s Great Day Live. Watch the clip here.
The rest of this year’s phenomenal dancers were:
- Jenny Higbie, New Albany Floyd County School Board Member and Mother of four NAFC Students, who danced a New York Hustle with partner Damian Pataluna
- Jocko Joksimovic, Financial Advisor for Bluecap Financial, who danced a cha-cha with pro Irina Morozova
- Josh Johnson, Social Media Influencer and Content Creator at The Kentucky Gent, who danced a salsa/hip hop medley with Irina Morozova
- Matt Kirchgessner, Co-Owner & PGA Professional at Elk Run Golf Club, who danced a salsa/tango mashup with Cherie Lanier
- Kelly McVoy, Master Hairstylist & CEO of K4 Security, who danced a saucy latin medley with partner Jani Szukk
- Allison Uhl, Broker/Co-Owner of Luxe Real Estate Team at eXp Realty LLC & Multimillion Dollar Producing Realtor, who danced a salsa with Damian Pataluna
This year, we were proud to present a very special “Ovation” award to Indiana Representative Ed Clere, for standing up for Hosparus Health and our healthcare partners by sponsoring the 2019 Nurse Compact Legislation. Rep. Clere deserves a standing ovation for all his hard work on this important bill!
DWOSIS is Southern Indiana’s premier charity affair. In addition to the exciting dance competition, it always features silent and live auctions, a delicious buffet dinner and cash bar. It’s the most fun you can have on a Tuesday night!
Thank you to all the dancers and their partners who helped make lots of memories on the dance floor, and an even bigger thanks to everyone who supported the event, including our wonderful sponsors. Your outpouring of generosity allows us to continue to be the place where compassion and support become one!