Local celebrities will again show off their moves at the 12th annual Hosparus Health of Southern Indiana’s Dancing with our Southern Indiana Stars fundraiser on Tuesday, Sept. 11, at 7 p.m. at Huber’s Orchard & Winery, 19816 Huber Road, Borden, Ind. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Based on the ABC-TV show “Dancing with the Stars,” all proceeds from the event benefit hospice patients and families in Clark, Floyd, Harrison, Scott, Washington, Dubois, Perry, Orange and Crawford counties.
In addition to an always exciting dance competition, where local celebrities compete for votes in the form of donations, Southern Indiana’s premier charity affair features silent and live auctions, a delicious buffet dinner and cash bar. This year, in memory of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, a patriotic tribute will kick off the event. Individual tickets are $100. This popular event sells out fast and brings in about 750 guests. Last year’s event raised $353,000.
2018 celebrity dancers are:
- Jason Applegate, Co-owner of Extol Magazine and Candidate for Floyd County Commissioner
- Dan Farmer, Lead Singer for The Juice Box Heroes
- Bridgett Hanlon, Regional Director, Marketing and Community Outreach, at Clark Memorial and Scott Memorial Hospitals
- Dustin Korb, U.S. Marine Corps Veteran and Logistics/Shipping Clerk at Beach Mold & Tool Inc.
- Jill Peden, Director of Business Development at L&D Mail Masters Inc.
- Todd Sharp, University of Louisville Lady Birds Coach and Owner of Him Gentleman’s Boutique
- Dr. Toni Sartini, U.S. Army Veteran and Dentist with Smile Artistry PSC
- Ray Strothman, President and Chairman of Strothman and Company CPAs and Advisors
Auction items include vacations and tourist destinations; hard-to-get sports, theater and concert tickets; unusual dining experiences; and rare memorabilia.
Juanita and Bill Beach are the presenting Foxtrot sponsor for the event. The event’s Cha-Cha sponsor is Clark Memorial Hospital, and Tango sponsors are Koetter Woodworking, Strothman and Company CPAs and Advisors, Monroe Shine & Co. Inc., Roger and Karen Harbeson and Smile Artistry PSC.
To be a part of this special event or for more information, contact Judy Cloud at 502.719.4195 or email@example.com. Purchase tickets and make donations to support celebrity dancers by visiting the event page here.