By talking with us sooner, patients and their families can experience the compassionate palliative or hospice care that Hosparus Health provides for much longer. We hear time and time again, that families wish they had called us sooner. How do you know if someone is ready for care? Use the care checklists below to help.
With hospice care, each patient and family receives care and counseling from a dedicated team of professionals that includes your physician, Hosparus Health physician, registered nurse, social worker, certified nursing assistant, spiritual counselor and a volunteer. We focus on every patient’s quality of life and relationships by managing pain and symptoms.
Hospice Care Checklist Questions:
- Has the person been told by a doctor that life expectancy is limited?
- Have there been more visits to the emergency room or hospitalizations?
- Are there more frequent phone calls to his or her physician?
- Has the person lost weight?
- Is the person having difficulty managing their pain?
- Is the person having breathing problems?
- Does the illness seem worse every time you see him or her?
- Is the person spending more time in bed or lying down each day?
- Does the person need help from others with bathing, dressing, eating and walking?
- Are you, the caregiver, experiencing anxiety or fear about not knowing what to do?
At Hosparus Health, we help people face serious health issues with care and thought so they can enjoy the best quality of life possible. That’s why we offer specialized care to make you more comfortable and improve your quality of life right now. It’s called Palliative Care or advanced illness care. It’s never too early to start palliative care. Think of us as the care coordination team to help manage your chronic or serious illness (such as cancer, heart disease, lung disease, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, kidney disease, ALS, dementia, and other illnesses). Palliative Care can be provided at the same time as all other treatments and strives to provide you with:
- Expert treatment of pain and other symptoms so you can get the best relief possible
- Open discussion about treatment choices, including treatment for your disease and management of your symptoms
- Coordination of your care with all your health care providers
- Counseling and support for you and your family
Palliative Care Checklist Questions:
- Does not qualify for hospice care
- Suffers from pain or other symptoms due to ANY serious illness that is not well-controlled
- Requires frequent emergency room visits or repeat hospitalizations
- Is getting sicker or weaker despite efforts to feel better
- Feels overwhelmed and uncertain about the future
- Needs help understanding the health situation and coordinating care
If you checked any of the above questions, someone you love may be eligible for our care. Call us to find out how we can help: 800-264-0521.
At Hosparus Health we help people face end-of-life issues with as much care and thought as any other milestones in life so they can enjoy the best quality of life possible.